Art. 1 – Registration
20K ULTRATRAIL is a no-stop ultracycling event.
All people who have reached the age of 18 at the time of registration belonging to any nationality are admitted to 20K ULTRATRAIL.
Each participant in the 20K must deliver a medical certificate of fitness for competitive activity.
The medical certificate must be sent as soon as possible and no later than the registration deadline set for May 1th
Foreign athletes (no italians) must have a personal insurance
ART. 2 – How to partecipate
The 20K ULTRATRAIL can be performed in several categories:
- SOLO unsupported
- SOLO with assistance
- PAIR unsupported
- PAIR with assistance
- TEAM 2 with assistance (2 athletes)
- TEAM 4 with assistance (4 athletes)
The registration procedure, with all required documents, have to completed within may 1th 2021; we’ll not accept registration after this date due to management reasons and we’ll take out from the start list everybody (also cyclists pre-registrate in time) that will not send in time all the required documents.
After registration/payment we don’t accept cancellation and don’t refund money.
Anyhow the registration fee paid will be kept valid for the 2022 edition.
Art. 3 – Departure and arrival
The departure of the 20K ULTRATRAIL ROAD will be at 8 am on 26 June 2021, from Pinerolo (Turin – Italy).
The arrival is Pinerolo.
ART. 4 – Track and navigation
About 14 days before departure, an email will be sent containing the definitive gpx track.
The participant must upload the track provided on a GPS device and follow it from start to finish.
The path must be followed in full and without cuts. Should you depart from it, you will have to pick it up from where it left off.
Any changes in the route during the event for unforeseen events that make it impossible to proceed on the original route (temporary closure of a road, authorized events, etc.), will be communicated and agreed with the cyclists by the organization.
All cyclists will be equipped with a GPS tracking system that will allow you to know their position in real time.
Cyclist who have a personal SPOT or GARMIN INREACH will receive a refund of € 35 each.
ART. 5 – Insurance
Foreign athletes (no italians) must have an insurance that covers them for the period of the event
ART. 6 – No draft
No draft, simple.
ART. 7 – Mode with assistance
Category with assistance have the possibility of using a means of support along the track, which provides for the cyclist’s needs. The support vehicle and the cyclist can only come into contact in areas where it is allowed to park the vehicle, without disturbing road traffic, in compliance with the Security Council.
The cyclist cannot be followed or preceded at a distance of less than 50 m
ART. 8 – Time limit
The maximum time to be considered finisher of the 20K ULTRATRAIL is as follows:
20K ROAD EXTREME 1500 km
- Solo self supported 182 hours
- SOLO 162 hours
- Pair self supported 172 hours
- PAIR 152 hours
- TEAM 2 (2 athletes) 140 hours
- TEAM 4 (4 athletes) 120 hours
20K ROAD ADVENTURE 750 km
- Solo self supported 100 hours
- SOLO 90 hours
- Pair self supported 94 hours
- PAIR 84 hours
- TEAM 2 (2 athletes) 80 hours
ART. 9 – Time stations
On the route there will be 4 automatic control (Time Station):
- Col Iseran
- Col Izoard
- Mont Ventoux (extreme)
- Col de la Bonette (extreme)
Art. 10 – Safety kit
For their personal safety, in the event of an emergency or loss of the route, each participant is obliged to carry with them, for the duration of their adventure, the following minimum safety equipment:
- GPS TRACKER provided by the organization or own (SPOT or INREACH) ALWAYS ON (you can turn it off when you stop)
- reflective vest to wear at night
- survival sheet
- whistle or bell
- mobile phone
- approved helmet to always wear
- white front and red rear lights
- auxiliary battery for your mobile phone (if without dynamo hub)
Art. 11 – GPS tracker
The continuous use of your own GPS tracker or that will be rented at the time of registration is mandatory (you can turn it off when you stop). A deposit will be required for the device which will be returned at the finish line.
After 16 hours of inactivity will be SCRATCHED
ART. 12 – Awards
All participants will receive an event pack a before departure, the finishers will be awarded medals, finisher t-shirt and finisher certificate
At the end of the event, the list of finishers and times taken will be announced.
ART. 13 – Fairness and fair play
Violations of the regulation and unsportsmanlike conduct may be sanctioned by the organization with the exclusion from the order of arrival.
Art. 14 – Final rule
By registering for 20K ULTRATRAIL each participant:
• declares to have read and approved these regulations and to accept all of its parts;
• declares to have experience in GPS navigation;
• declares to have experience and to be aware that the route is not marked, it is not monitored and there are no safety posts and / or rescue personnel along the route;
• declares to have gained experience in long journeys by bicycle and in self-sufficiency (for unsupported category);
• declares to be aware of the possibility of encountering adverse weather conditions and to be able to orient oneself and ride in the hills and mountains in such conditions;
• declares to be physically prepared to face many hours on a bike without stopping and in complete self-sufficiency (for unsupported category);
• declares that he does not use doping, drugs or medicinal substances that may alter performance or lead to situations of harm or danger for himself or for others;
• declares to have all the material necessary to take part in adventures such as this and to independently travel the track requested by the organization;
• declares to be aware that unforeseen events may occur along the way, such as: landslides, wind, rain, hail, lightning, fog, snow, ice, landslides, encounters with unattended and / or wild animals, falls, accidental collisions with other participants, with people passing by and / or with vehicles in the stretches of carriage road and declares to be adequately prepared to deal with emergency situations;
• declares that all its equipment is in excellent condition and ready for use;
• declares that the medical aptitude certificate provided to the organization for cycling practice is valid, in compliance with Ministerial Decree 18/02/1982 and / or Ministerial Decree 26/04/2013 and issued by a Sports Medical Center or by a doctor;
• declares to be in good physical condition and to have undergone an aptitude medical examination for competitive cycling, providing the organization with the widest indemnity for any damage that may be suffered as a result of its participation in the event;
• is the guarantor of his own behavior during and after the event;
(return to the REGISTRATION page )